Monday, October 18, 2010

I can live life again.


“You just can’t cope with something that usurps things from every part of your life,” explains Helen with tears in her eyes. I have been through a lot of bad times, but fibromyalgia is the worst.

It all began in 1985 when I was diagnosed by a rheumatologist in New Hampshire with rheumatoid arthritis. I was told to take Tylenol. Over the succeeding years, the diagnosis was bursitis, tendonitis, osteoarthritis and finally at one of our country’s leading clinics, I was diagnosed as having fibromyalgia.

In all, I was prescribed sixteen different arthritis medicines over the years. Of the sixteen, prednisone was the only one that worked. The physicians would ramp up the prednisone dosage over six months, keep it at the maximum for another six months and taper me off prednisone for another six months. I went through five of these prednisone cycles. I gained weight each time, and then I would diet to lose it again. The last time, I gained weight and couldn’t take it off. I don’t want anymore prednisone.

Then we traveled to Arizona, and I found the weather was wonderful! I lost a lot of pain in the sunshine and dry climate. My constant companion husband of 55 year said, “That’s it. We are moving to Arizona.” After prednisone, I used azulfidine for years. But even in sunny Arizona, I began hurting again.

One day my husband encouraged me to go to a lecture on using Microdose Therapy for fibromyalgia. It made sense, so I started the program. The results were almost unbeleivable! Microdose Therapy gave me my life back. Now I can live life again. I often am somewhat critical of my past care, but that doesn’t solve any problems. I push the negative thoughts out of my mind, and am grateful to be pain-free again. Life is a whole lot better now.

Helen Day, Fibromyalgia

No comments: